Careers Beyond the Ordinary
How to turn the skills you have, into the career and lifestyle you want
Edu-venture Bristol: Getting Started in Journalism
Are you considering a career in Journalism? Come along to our webinar on Wednesday 10 February at 6pm to hear from four speakers who have carved out successful careers in the field.
Our guests will discuss:
- What inspired them and how they started out
- What challenges they may have faced
- What the key skills are and tips on how to develop them
- How to write an effective pitch to publishers as a freelance writer/journalist
- How to monetise an online publication
This will also give like-minded individuals a chance to meet, share ideas and inspire a whole new wave of influential journalists and reporters.
There will be a Q&A session at the end for you to ask them any questions you may have.
Our guest speakers are:
- Adam Heywood – Founder and Creative Director of Bloom in Doom Magazine
- Hannah Varney – Visuals Director of Bloom in Doom Magazine
- Chante Joseph – Freelance writer, digital content producer and host of Channel 4’s social media series #HowNotToBeRacist.
- Jeremy Goldkorn and Jiayun Feng – Editor-in-Chief and Society & Culture Editor at SupChina
6-7pm (GMT) Wednesday 10 February 2021
This event has now finished.
This event has passed. Signups are closed.